This intervention was the second intervention for M in the last year. Our first intervention was cut short due to COVID-19. We picked up our work together in the second intervention by setting up:
- Virtual appointments to complete M’s outcome star and to identify goals.
- Virtual meetings to discuss social responsibility of looking after the house, cleaning etc.
- An introduction to Dungeons and Dragons – Online with outside agency.
- An introduction to IAS Social Group.
- Virtual meetings to discuss social anxiety.
- Virtual Managing Time and Wellbeing Course (IAS).
- Walk and Talk session to discuss M’s next step and anxiety management; to consider referral to Autism Spectrum Connections Cymru (ASCC) and to consider support with improving communication.
The main action plan from the outcome star focused around ‘managing time and activities’. Although we did spend a few sessions looking at social anxiety and strategies to overcome this – I feel M will be able to improve in this area further once Welsh restrictions ease and he can return to the activities he enjoys such as volunteering.